George Wang, M.D.
As a neurologic and sleep disorders specialist, Dr. Wang
of Neurology and Sleep Medicine Associates
work is in a unique partnership of health care, providing and
interpreting your tests, serving as a consultant to your referring
physician, and providing medical care for your specific neurologic and
sleep disorder needs. As a neurologist his expertise includes the
diagnosis and medical treatment of disorders and diseases of the nervous
system, which include the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles. In
addition, Dr. Wang
has special training in Sleep
Medicine. He is an expert in diagnosis and treatment of a variety of
sleep disorders including sleep apnea, excessive daytime sleepiness and
In his personal approach to patient care, Dr. Wang has carefully structured his practice with attention to your individual needs and concerns. His emphasis includes:
ing Relationship: Dr. Wang takes a genuine
interest in you, the person, and in your personal well-being. He feels
that it is equally important to spend time both listening to your
concerns as well as diagnosing and treating your specific health
Patient Education: Dr. Wang
advocates thorough patient education. He believes that sharing the
updated medical information about your illness with you and involving
you in the care plan are an important part of health care. He makes
every effort to work with you as partners to deliver the best care to
Responsive Care: Knowing that you are anxious to find answers, Dr. Wang
and his staff strive to provide an environment that is warm and
responsive to your needs. You are assured of receiving a timely
appointment after your call. Dr. Wang and his staff will return your calls to answer questions or to provide medication refills in a timely manner.
With his expertise, Dr. Wang and Neurology and Sleep Medicine Associates provides the following advanced testing for neurologic and sleep disorders.
Advanced Diagnostic Services:
- PSG (Polysomnography): Used to
record brain activities, respiratory efforts and body movement in sleep
for diagnosis of a variety of sleep disorders such as sleep apnea and
restless leg syndrome.
- CPAP titration: Used to find the best equipment and air pressure to treat obstructive sleep apnea.
- MSLT (Multiple Sleep Latency Test): Used to evaluate daytime sleepiness to diagnose disorders like narcolepsy.
- EEG (Electroencephalogram): Used to record electrical impulses of the brain for diagnosis of specific areas of abnormality.
- EMG / NCV (Electromyography / Nerve Conduction Velocity):
Used to evaluate electrical waves in nervous system and muscles for
diagnosis of the cause and site of nerve and muscular problems.
- EP (Evoked Potentials): Used
to record electrical pulses in sensory nerve system to diagnose
neurologic abnormalities in visual, auditory and somatosensory.
Dr. Wang is trained to provide a broad range of diagnostic and treatment services for adults, including:
- Headaches, facial pain, dizziness, tremors
- Pain in the neck, back, or extremities
- Carpal tunnel syndrome, pinched nerves, overuse injuries
- Weakness, numbness, or walking difficulty
- Syncope or fainting (blackouts)
- Seizures, strokes, aneurysms, brain tumors
- Parkinson's disease and movement disorders
- Alzheimer's disease and dementia
- Multiple sclerosis and neuromuscular disorders
- Closed head and spinal cord injuries, lumbar punctures
Sleep Medicine Services:
Dr. Wang is a Sleep Medicine specialist and
provides a broad range of diagnostic and treatment services for adults
and children, including:
- Excessive / loud snoring and stop breathing at night
- Leg jerks or legs uncomfortable at night
- Sleepy / fall asleep during the day
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Frequent awakening during the night
- Paralysis / hallucinations on waking / falling asleep
- Unexplained falls
- Acting out dreams
- Sleep walking and other unusual sleep behavior
- Bed wetting and daytime sleepiness
- ADHD and poor school performance with disruptive sleep at night